Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wah!

Tim left for Texas today :( So, I am all alone with the munchkins for almost a month until we leave for Buffalo. I wasn't really worried or upset until he actually stepped on the plane, and then I started to cry a little :( I know we're only going to be apart for a month, but it's the longest we've ever been apart and I miss him already!

I have so much to take care of for our upcoming move. I can't believe it is here already. It seems like just the other day I was freaking out over trying to get orders and now it's time to leave! This was a very hard day for Tim, too. He's lived in Japan for over 5 years now, and going back to the States seems like going to a foreign country to him. Misawa has been his home for so long, and, even though we're totally thrilled to be back in the same country as most of you, it's hard to leave a place that you know like the back of your hand. Especially because I don't know if we'll ever make it back here. We'll most liekly come back to Japan in the future on vacation (esp. since Jocelyn and Vanessa were both born here), but I don't now if we'll be able to come all the way back up to Misawa. I have to admit, I'm not really all that sad. I enjoyed Japan, it's a beautiful country with beautiful people, but I am so excited to be coming home. It makes me feel kind of bad that I'm so happy about leaving, but please remember that I spent four years in Hawaii, too, so I have been away from family for a good deal of my adult life.

Okay, now I'm just rambling. The whole point of this post was supposed to be that I miss my husband and I'm sad we're going to be apart for so long. I hope this month goes by quickly because I can't wait to see you all on our vacation!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I can't believe you're leaving Japan and I'm still stuck in Germany! I hope all the moving goes well and everything. At least Caitlyn is old enough now that she can help you :) See you in a month!

alexis said...

it's always interesting when our expected reactions to living somewhere diverge from what we actually feel. Don't read anything into that comment for me (I just arrived in the Netherlands!), but it's something I've experienced before.

Anyways, you have been away a long time, and when you left you went far! Although I won't be there to enjoy it as much, I know we are all looking forward to you guys being closer. Albeit LA is sort of the other-hell side of the world from me now.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry! With EVERYTHING you have to get done in the next month, I'm sure the time will fly by. It's going to be tough, but it will be a piece of cake compared to other things you've done recently...(see baby/wedding trip post below....)
We CAN'T WAIT to have you here in the states!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Stef - March will pass by in a flash. We can't wait to be closer to you. I am looking forward to seeing the grandchildren a lot more often. LA is not that far from ABQ!

Susanne said...

:( You'll just have to run up your phone bill for the next few weeks:) Phone call are just life savers when you're apart!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on all the family remarks. You'll be here before you know it.