Friday, August 19, 2005

Birthday #28

You know, I used to love birthdays. Even after I hit my 20's it was all about getting as drunk as possible and having a good time with my girlfriends. Now it's all about how close I'm getting to 30, wah! Actually, I have been really blessed this year. I got married to a great guy, had a gorgeous and healthy baby, plus I got more furniture for my birthday present, yay! I love me some furniture :) And, gettin it on with your husband..I mean, getting drunk with you husband, is way better than getting drunk at some bar. Oh, and my little sister got me a big ol' gift certificate from Amazon. God, I love how we all have money now, tee hee. So, I guess getting older isn't so bad after all. Anyway, there's a pic of my kick-ass b-day furniture below, so you can all be jealous of my fabulously furnished house ;)

5 comments:

Susanne said...

OH!!! I missed your Bifday!!!

Happy Birfday!! I LOVE your cabinet!! You'll own that thing until the hinges give:)

Laura said...

Hey Nikki! Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry I couldn't be there to help you celebrate, but I'm sure it was wonderful all the same :) and P.S. 28 isn't old! especially when you've attained so many of the things that you've been wanting in the last year!

Anonymous said...

so I was going through some old emails and found the one where you announced you have a blog and I thought 'woh, I haven't talked to nikki in forever, I should check out her blog.' and here you are with a new kid and a husband and a birthday (and new furniture). lots of congratulations on everything! I'm glad to hear everything is going so well for you. I'm in great falls, mt, flying hueys, guarding the missile field here. not exactly a lot of battlefield excitement, but pretty good flying overall. and the location is close to lots of skiing and hiking and even some whitewater kayaking, so that's super cool. I can't think of any good news. life here is pretty much college only I fly and work in the scheduling dept instead of going to class. a pretty good gig really. happy birthday and congrats on the kid and marriage.
graydon
ps-if there’s some blog etiquette about not leaving long posts, I apologize. this is only the second time I’ve been to a blog.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
I meant to call but kept missing the time.
(I know you understand)
Package is still forthcoming- must get off my butt and mail it.

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day sweetie! Maybe next year we can celebrate in person. Glad you liked the gift certificate, seeing as I have no idea what size you are now. I understand about the getting older part, but I think you've had a really lovely year and that's all we can ask for? Besides, what's the alternative to getting old? Gettin' dead.