Thursday, November 13, 2014

Still Kicking Ass and Taking Names

Even though I did just have baby #4, I have to say that when it comes to the old AF pt test I am still kicking ass and taking names. I still have to test as a Reservist, and since it had been a while thanks to this last pregnancy I was a wee bit concerned that the years might be catching up to me. Though I missed excellent by just .2% (ten seconds faster on the run will secure my old spot), I still managed to max both sit-ups and waist measurement. Not too shabby for a chick with 4 kids whose pushing 40!

Okay, enough boasting...back to my favorite pastime during PCS season - worrying. Ugh. So, so much to do and not nearly enough time to get everything done. Certainly not enough time to keep up with my blog. I mean it's already halfway through November and I haven't even blogged about Halloween! :(




They had a blast, btw. An American Halloween full of candy and pumpkins was greatly enjoyed by all (especially Hermione and Darth Vader).

Then last weekend the 'rents came back for a visit. Our time here in the US is all too precious since we won't be getting an R&R from Hong Kong (I guess there's not really all that much there to need a rest and recuperation from!), so we don't plan on coming back for the duration of our time there. It's been so nice to have my parents (relatively) close by. This is the 3rd visit for each, and then we will also spend a good chunk of time with them during our home leave. It's been wonderful watching their relationships with my children develop so nicely. Skype is great for maintaining contact, but I find that medium is not really conducive to building a relationship at least with children so young.




While we didn't do much while they were here (besides the usual gluttony and wine, that is), we did spend a day in Shenandoah enjoying the last of the lovely fall weather.






And Grandma even cooked with J a couple of times. They made an awesome baked ziti, which I totally forgot to take a picture of. And then she made candy sleighs with J and A. So cute! Wish I had her talent and patience to make some of those creations. I have such great memories of doing stuff like that with my mom when I was a kid. It's nice to see that at least my older sis (who made my awesome nephew a Minecraft cake for his 5th b-day) is carrying on the tradition.





Ok that last picture has nothing to do with anything I've posted, but he's just so chuckaliciously cute that maybe I'll be forgiven that I still haven't posted about my Columbia reunion. I promise it's coming soon, but I have a lot to say there so I need more time to gather my thoughts.

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Awesome job on the pt test! And I agree with you- even for adults, it's much easier to establish a relationship in person, and then to maintain it with Skype and phone calls.

alexis said...

First, well done you should totally be proud of your achievement with the reserves!

Second think it's great you're having all this time with mom and dad. Keep it up. I can't wait to hear about the Columbia reunion!!!

Michael Podolny said...

We had such a great time. It is a bit sad knowing that it will be so much harder the next few years to be together.