Monday, June 17, 2013

R&R

Sorry this blog has ben a ghost town, but I do have a really good excuse. We're on R&R! In HAwaii!! For you non-FS types this is our mid-way break where we go back to the US for some overdue rest and relaxation. I combined this trip with some military duty since getting all my yearly reserve points in is tough from such a remote location.
and don't I look happy about it? ;)

I worked for two weeks and then get almost a week and a half of just play. I used to be stationed out here in the mid 1990s, and C was born here, so Hawaii holds a special place in my heart. Plus, who doesn't love the beauty of the islands?? We rented a house on the West side of Oahu (cheaper and more secluded than trying to go to the touristy areas of Hawaii Kai and North Shore), which has breathtaking views on both sides.

My dad's blog has even better pictures

We have spent many hours just enjoying the fresh air and watching the kids play outside in the surf. It will be hard to go back. Additionally, my parents came out here for a week to hang with us and the kids. It's so nice just being around family and relaxing. I can't remember the last time we had a vacation like this. If only my sisters could be here, it would be just perfect.










2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

It is a real treat to take a vacation with family. I'm glad you were able to do it, even if it's only part of your family.

alexis said...

Ohhhhhh man, I wish we could be there tooooo!!!! I have such fond memories of the one time I visited you many moons ago. Lots of fun.

IT looks amazing there - such good weather.