Monday, January 07, 2013

Gender Differences

Example Boy Pretend Play:
A: *picks up random object* This is a gun. POW POW! Mama you dead!

Example Girl Pretend Play:
J: Okay, Mommy. Pretend I am a dog, a baby dog, the cutest baby dog you have ever seen. And I am a German Shepherd mixed with Golden Retriever mixed with Dalmatian mixed with Chihuahua baby. And I got lost and then you saw me. Mooooommmmmy. Are you paying attention? Okay, I'm a baby puppy who is part German Shepherd mixed with Golden Retriever mixed with Dalmatian mixed with Chihuahua, and I got lost. And then you saw me swimming over there in the middle of the pool, and you said, 'Oh, what a cute baby puppy who is lost over there.' And then you wanted me to come over and be a part of your family so we can bake cookies together. Mommy? Mommy? Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mooooommmmmmy. Are you paying attention?



3 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

It's nice to see that J is carrying out the family tradition of kids wanting to be animals. Though I don't remember any of you being so detailed about it. Just a lot of mewing and barking!

Michael Podolny said...

How could you possibly be paying attention. You were shot dead already.

alexis said...

sigh. Stereotypes exist for a reason I suppose!