Monday, January 14, 2013

99 Problems

Okay, so even after declaring a do-over, 2013 continues to suck my ass. I'm not sure what I did to piss it off, but clearly the end of the year must have something awesome in store for me because I cannot imagine that bad luck can follow me around this long. Between the constant construction next door (and the staring construction workers it brings), the feral cats engaging in kitty gang bang all night long, crazy karaoke neighbors who think I have no Christmas spirit*, kids puking and diarrhea pooping, and my helper borrowing 13K PhP to go home to the province the first week the kids are back in school (oh, and then not coming home on time, hahahahaha), the joke is seriously on fucking me. Now I can't get my orders cut to go do my military duty in Hawaii in two weeks because I can't update my records to reflect my new home in the Philippines (currently I can get tickets from VA to HI but not form the Philippines!) thanks to the military's lack of computer know how.** Agghhhhh!!!!! I am about to give up on 2013 and just go hibernate. Someone wake me when 2014 gets here.

*news flash, mother fuckers, Christmas ends after Dec 25th!

**everything is set to work with IE or Netscape (does anyone actually use Netscape anymore?) - but I can't use IE past version 5.something because I use a fucking Mac, so all I get are error messages. 

5 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Ugh, that sounds awful. Our HR system only works on Netscape or IE, so I always have to go find a PC when I do HR stuff. It drives me crazy too.

Here's hoping you don't have to fly to VA so you can fly to Hawaii...

alexis said...

oh no I'm so sorry! Big hugs from here.

Surely there is a PC you can borrow to use IE to make the change?

Hopefully this blog-vent will make you feel a little better.

I am going to start looking into Vietnam damn it!

Bernice said...

I hope things have improved for you. It is hard when so many things go bad at once.

Michael Podolny said...

Getting to this a bit late sweetie as I've had my own little world to run ragged in. Feeling like I've not been there to support you :(

Pulisha said...

It's okay, Daddy-o. Hard to support someone when they aren't verbalizing their problems to you, lol! Things will get better, just in a bit of a rut lately.