Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day

How sad is it that I don't have any digital photos of myself in uniform?

We celebrated the weekend by watching the new Bond movie* with our friends G&P and taking a day trip to Tagaytay with the kids. We ate at Antonio's and hit up the lake and spent a small fortune on flowers and produce thanks to all of the stands along the road.** Antonio's is a great deal. By far the best meal we've had in the Philippines, and we only spent about $120USD for 5 people to eat lunch with drinks. The location is also gorgeous. It's basically a big, plantation like house that was converted into a restaurant, and you can walk the grounds between courses, which was a welcome break for the kids. There's also a big koi pond, which was a great kid draw, and they accepted A's order of "yummy egg, please" without hesitation, even though it was 1pm and there was no kids menu. Can't beat that!










*Pu review: very Bond-y

**Even outside Manila traffic is piss poor thanks to lack of infrastructure, so what should be a 20min drive turns into a 2hr drive and you end up buying things just to pass the time!

5 comments:

alexis said...

holy crap - 2 hours??? I would shoot myself.

Happy veterans day!

Pulisha said...

Oh, sweetie, you have no idea. 2 hours was a blessing compared to that one time we tried to drive to Batangas on a Friday night. I was so scarred by that experience that I have never again left my home to venture out on a Friday since!

Michael Podolny said...

Nice that the meal went so well and the kids had a good time.

No digital pictures of me in uniform either.

Bernice said...

Sounds like a great outing. Beautiful scenery for dinner.

Pulisha said...

Er, Dad, I'm pretty sure they didn't even have cameras back then.