Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Happy Election Day!!!!

So it's a wee bit late to be posting that, but I was proud to do my civic duty many weeks ago when I mailed my vote in. It's kinda cool to be a voter in a state like Florida versus the last few presidential elections when I was a resident of Washington.

Husband and I were watching the election results trickle in on AFN during our lunchtime gym jaunt at the Embassy, and I marveled that the thing that struck me most about watching all those crowds of happy Obama and Romney-supporters was how much freaking personal space they all had!!!! It's the little things, people, the little things that you miss the most. While I love me some Asia, there's almost nothing I wouldn't give for some Western-concept of personal space/alone time.

3 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

Space issues even in the US Embassy?

Bernice said...

One of the great things about visiting or living in another country is that we then notice how things are in our country that we never noticed before.

alexis said...

lol, that's a lovely observation to share.

When I am back in the states I almost cry with gratitude just because people smile and make eye contact with you.