Friday, October 19, 2012

Fitness Friday: Fitness Foodie Finds

First things first - more inspiration! It's truly never too late to start your journey into healthy living :)

Okay, now on to the meat of our post (pun intended) - clean eating - what is it? and how do you start? (and how do you start part two!). Once you've got a good foundation goin' on in the kitchen, you can start to plan out your meals. Times when I stray away from my usual dietary principles are times when I don't have any food prepared (which happens embarrassingly more often than I would like now that I've joined the FS!).

What to Eat:
Fit Family Meals
A Life to Brag About 
Sorey Fitness
The Gracious Pantry
Clean Eating Online

And, of course, there's always Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Magazine and Clean Eating Books

Where to Shop:
Besides the usual local markets and co-ops, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are usually good, easy bets to find whole ingredients.** If you live in a small town and don't have access to these chains or specialty stores, it gets a little bit tricker...a trickiness gets taken to a whole other level if you happen to live overseas! Thank god for the interwebs - there are options at last!

Netrition
King Arthur Flour
Shop Organic
Lowes Foods to Go
Benefit Your Life

and, of course, there's always Amazon ;)

Recipe Sites:
And just for good measure, here's a couple of places I love to peruse for awesome recipe ideas.

Chocolate Covered Katie
Little B's Healthy Habits
Heather Eats Almond Butter
Kalyn's Kitchen
Clean Eating Chelsey
The Clean Eating Mama
Oh She Glows


*especially if you live in a country where women's fitness magazines still advocate lifting light weights so you don't get "too bulky"!!!
**I'm partial to Trader Joe's over Whole Paycheck, but, then, I went to college in Seattle

2 comments:

alexis said...

interesting! we avoid processed foods. I guess clean eating is sort of rephrasing that and being a bit more hard core. Funnily it came from my hubby, he was the one who requested we start. Now I see there is a whole other level of anal retentiveness you can take it to.

Kalyn Denny said...

Thanks for the shout-out!