Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stasis

Last week was spent in FL catching up on what it's like to be back in uniform. Turns out that it doesn't take too much time to remind you of all the good and the bad that comes along with it. I spent a whirlwind weekend returning to Virginia to help with the pack out arrangements (all items are now in there proper places) and buy all the last minute items we need (can't ship liquids via pouch, so all of the shampoo, face wash, etc. for the next 2 years has been stocked!). On Sunday we went to C's last volleyball tournament. I am not sure what our options will be in Manila for her to continue at this level of play, but we hope that there are options since it has been such an amazing experience for her. Then I hopped directly back on a plane to come back to FL for two more weeks of Reserve duty. Unfortunately, I also seem to have contracted some sort of sinus thingy, which made taking my pt test (physical fitness test) today a real bitch. I've been non-current for a while since I've been gone from the unit for so long, so I was determined to just get the fucker done, sinuses be damned!!

It's very stressful to be moving while you're not actually present. Actually, it's stressful moving period, but add to that not being in the same state and it becomes infinitely more aggravating. We've had a few freak outs hiccups. First, we were informed (just yesterday) that State will not ship our oversized paddle boards, which were expensive, much loved, and we hoped to get a lot of use out of them in the Philippines. They also told us that we wouldn't be permitted to add them into storage either, so now we are scrambling trying to figure out what to do with these things. We also got a notice in the mail from the city of Arlington notifying us of a required court appearance for failure to pay a car registration fee. If you'll recall we first moved to Arlington for a few short weeks last May before we ended up in Oakwood Falls Church (in the city of Falls Church). We paid the fee to register our vehicle in Falls Church since that has been our residence, and we have been fighting with Arlington ever since. It is so frustrating (especially since we won't even be living in the country when this supposed court date is to occur)! Poor husband has to field all of these things all by his lonesome since I am proving completely useless here in FL. Seems I can't access my home e-mail from my AF computer, so I have to wait until after business hours to take care of anything. Not very helpful!

So to relieve the stress of it all. I am sitting in my hotel room and watching a Say Yes to the Dress mini-marathon, eating Combos (my Cheetos, Dad), and downing Nyquil. Nothing like watching vapid brides in amazing dresses to take your mind off of your own problems! Don't judge me. Anyway, here's some other stuff I've been saving up to share with ya'll:

Just a cool report that I found real interesting (plus I was a competitive swimmer growing up :)

In fitness news, here's a another free workout that's sure to appeal. Also, I came across this on a fitness site I frequent, and, if you've ever done a P90X workout, it is freaking hilarious!

3 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

Yeah, moving is a bitch without complications. Throw in a few glitches and I am ready to pull my hair out. I am so glad we don't have to move again for two years (well, we still have to move from our temporary to our permanent here in Delhi but we don't have all our stuff, so it shouldn't be too bad). Best of luck to you!!! Say hi to FL.

Bernice said...

Great to hear an update. It is all getting closer to actually happening.

alexis said...

I hope you find a way to bring the boards! maybe someone in MD can hold on to them for you?

Enjoy the vapidness damn it! You rarely get it. Hopefully when you are on assignment you may have a bit more down time. I do hope for C there is some volleyball there.