Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More Things I Never Imagined Would Need Explanation

So today I had to explain why it is important not to take your older sister's allowance money and flush it down the toilet. It was more difficult than one might think.

Oh, and I'm exactly one week out from T-Day. Freaked? Maybe just a little.* I'm learning that the more Tagalog I study, the less apt I am at any language at all. Today my instructor and I spent nearly twenty minutes trying to think up a really good English word that describes a situation when you really fuck up. I still can't think of a less profane way to describe it. Luckily since you can make just about any English word into a Tagalog verb by adding the mag- prefix, I'm pretty sure I can still use it in my test.

*If by a little you mean that I may wet myself at any moment.

5 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

Yes, it's freakout time! Best of luck!

Michael Podolny said...

Was hoping that you would be able to give a snippet of just what that explanation was.

So does the visitors guide to Pu in Manilla consist of an English dictionary + the magic suffix?

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I have been thinking about you a lot and sending good learning vibes. You can do it!

Bernice said...

Good Luck. You have put so much effort into this. You can do it.

alexis said...

I bet you will do fantastic - you are a smart lady and as Aunt Bernice says, you've worked very hard!