Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gobblins

Pun intended. We've got five of 'em here and, boy, can they eat! Anyway, here's some pics of their Turkey Day feast. I was going to do a post about how football broke up with me (and it was a bad break-up, too, none of this let's be friends bullshit), but then the Bills had to go and put up a decent showing today (oh, don't worry, we still lost, but at least we made it a fight). So now, I'm confused. Does football like me or not? Check yes or no. I think I'm going to lose in both of my fantasy leagues, so I'm leaning towards the "no" box.

Gobblins Being Forced to Make Stuffing

Believe it or not this is the best picture I could get of all 5 Gobblins

Yes, this was a child's plate

Let's dig in!

Oh, yeah, we also braved Black Friday* and made a side trip to Santa's lap

*Okay, so technically it was Black Saturday since I had to work on Friday to avoid losing per diem. Long story but basically if you take leave while staying at Oakwood you not only lose per diem for the day, you also have to pay the daily Oakwood rate (meaning I would be out around $200 for just one day of leave). Since I'm already going to be shelling out a small fortune just to go home for X-Mas, I just wasn't willing to do it for a day when I was here in town. On the plus side, FSI was completely empty and finding a computer was a breeze!

4 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

Good for you for putting your "goblins" to work. The plate looks delish! And you did the Santa picture! I am jealous. We were out of town for turkey day and now I am so behind with shopping, pictures, homework, you name it...

alexis said...

wow, you are committed mama to brave any of the shopping days after Thanksgiving. I still have nightmares of braving the shopping mall in CT...

Anonymous said...

I have fond memories of tearing bread every Thanksgiving. (I recall doing it while watching the Macy's parade). Glad to see the tradition continues.

Michael Podolny said...

I'm thinking it's time for you to switch to something like tennis. Or jai lai. Or maybe sumo. Football clearly is not working for you.

Of course not only did the Bills not suck but lose in a convincingly heartbreaking way. But then the Redskins decide to play with your emotions by actually winning a game.