Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Family Traditions

Okay, so there's no time to blog about how ConGen is progressing (quickly!), or how my MS is going (slowly & painfully!), or how the summer is flying by. But, there is always time to write about one thing: Shaaaawk Weeeeeek!!!!!!! This has been a family tradition for as long as I can remember (or at least for the last couple of years). Every summer Discovery Channel has shark week in July, and every summer we watch it with the kids and reminisce about all of the shark infested beaches we have been to/lived near.*

In other family tradition news, I just have to gloat for a minute. You may not recall my previous posts on the great list debate, but AinA sent out what I consider the final word on the matter in an e-mail earlier. So, in the spirit of gift giving: in yo face, sistahs!!!

*Fun fact: Florida has the world's most dangerous shark-filled waters in the entire world, yay! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you go to see the giant shark that the hang on the Discovery Channel headquarters in Silver Spring? Might be just the final touch on your week.

alexis said...

Impressed! I can't believe you found your old post on the subject of lists. Shark week, and yet you still love living near beaches. :D

Anonymous said...

I am unimpressed.

Though that may have much to do with the fact that sharks devote a week to me.

-The most interesting man in the world

Dad said...

Alexis - when you too have as many kids as Pu does, you too will be taking the to the shark infested beaches in hopes of lessening the economic and conflict load on the family :)

And yes, I am celebrating the total and complete victory of the Imperial List forces.