Monday, February 01, 2010

WTF Happened to January

Somehow I blinked and January was gone. Not really sure what happened. I think this god awful project that has swllowed up all of my spare time also got hold of Januray. Oh well, I don't really like cold weather anyway, lol.

Anyway, lots has happened. I swallowed up by this horrible project which required very long hours for very little thanks (it's nice to have contractors around since they can always be the scapegoat for gov't incompetence...I mean it must be nice for the people I work for since I am but a lowly contractor myself). I was working 12-15 hour days, weekends and holidays, I even missed most of my parents' visit here a couple of weeks ago *sigh* On a positive note, I managed to score an all too quick trip to see my little sis and her soon to be hubby in Amsterdam. That was really such an enjoyable trip, not only because A-dam was a beautiful city with such a great vibe, but because I had my first real opportunity as an adult to sit down and just chat with my little sis as women. It was so neat to connect on that level, and it makes me appreciate her all the more (and miss her, too!). Even though we're only a couple of years apart in age, we haven't really lived near each other in 16 years, and, while we skype and talk at family get togethers and stuff, this was the first time we just hung out together (i.e. went shopping and ate, lol!). Hopefully my future projects will continue to take me over her way so we can spend more time together!

As you've surmised from the above, I managed to score the trip on the front end of a business trip to Germany (where my credit card info was stolen, just to add insult to injory). I didn't get to see much of Germany b/c I was working on a military base so I basically went from the hotel to work and back again since we were working such long hours. I did, however, get to enjoy many hours waiting for my delayed plane in the Frankfurt airport (which I knew quite well since my flight into A-dam was canceled and I had a lovely adventure trying to get my luggage back an dtake the train...someday I may well tell this story, but this entry is already getting a bit long and my brain is fried from trying to do my taxes - I fucking hate the state of NM this time of year!!!!). Oops, sorry, I thought I had gotten all of that out of my system earlier. I'll try to save tax bitching for another post!

At some point I will actually get off my ass and download my Europe pics so you can what A-dam in the snow looks like (hint - it literally looks like a postcard - so beautiful!), and I may even have some pictures of the Frankfurt airport (I was there for a looong time). Also, if you enjoyed my last post (such a long, long time ago) about not giving a fuck, you should really check out this link my Aunt B sent me (thanks, Aunt B!). It made me laugh when I really needed to :)

3 comments:

Dad said...

Aye chihuahua Pu lives!

I hope it is only the state government and not all we residents you hate in NM.

Laura said...

Poor Nikki... you seem to have the worst traveling luck ever! That's awesome that you got to visit Amsterdam though... can't wait to see your pictures :)

alexis said...

it was indeed sooooo great seeing you! Though as you say, it does make me remember how much I miss fams...