Thursday, October 22, 2009

Forgot to Mention the Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkin patch was okay. Apparently the entire state of Florida decided to go the same day as us, so it was a wee bit crowded. Lines were long, there were pony rides (A refused to participate, but, surprisingly, J was very nonplussed by the whole situation, and even a mini-circus. It was all a bit overwhelming. Whatever happened to the good old days where there was, you know, a pumpkin patch. There were pumpkins, but they were in a cordoned area and already picked.So, it was alright, I guess. Next year I am hunting for an actual pumpkin patch where you can pick your own pumpkin and there might be perks like a cup of cider or a bale of hay to jump on. Pics are loaded to my new Facebook page, so I won't repost them here (mainly b/c I am lazy), but I will give you a taste:

Ha ha ha. This is my new favorite picture of A. He looks very Calvin to me.

6 comments:

stef said...

Totes Calvin! All he needs is a tiger and a sled.

Dad said...

Not all of us are on Facebook - boo

Pulisha said...

Dad - you can see them through mom's account

Laura said...

sounds like what you want is a pumpkin farm rather than a pumpkin patch... do they grow pumpkins in Florida? Too bad you're not up here... there are farms everywhere and they're totally wasted on us as the last thing I feel like doing right now is wandering around a farm and actually cutting my own pumpkin off the vine. I think I'll get mine from the grocery store ;)

susanne said...

I can't believe how big A looks!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing halloween photos of the kids!!!

alexis said...

bummer about it not being an actual pumpkin patch!