Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Invasion

Yes, the summer invasion is here. Not much time to post, I'm afraid. De-I was commenting that I never write about all the funny little kid tidbits that I pick up throughout the day, and I ealized I haven't had any time to post stuff like that since A was born! So here's one for ya: if you are three the pinacle of reaching adulthood is apparently the ability to keep gum in your purse without getting into trouble! In other, not so funny news, I took A to his speech evaluation on Monday and the therapist agreed that he was deifnately behind where he should be and she recommended that he start coming to therapy 2x/week for the next 6-9 months and then we can reevaluate at that point. Unfortunately my insurance doesn't cover speech therapy until after my $3,000 deductable is reached :( That means it is actually more cost effective to pay the upfront, uninsured rate ($60/session) than it is to have my insurance billed ($90/session). We were totally freaking out about this huge, unexpected cost when my wonderful parentals stepped in to help out. It was such a wonderful and generous gesture, and I promise when A starts talking his head off, their house is the first place I will ship him in order to get some peace and quiet...er, I mean, I will show them the end result of their generosity...yeah, that's it ;)

Also, the parentals were here for a few days before the invasion landed (they almost made it out in time!), you can read about their exploits here on De-I's blog since one of my little angels just got out of bed again (for the 5th time tonight). Wish me luck for the summer!!

6 comments:

alexis said...

wow, hang in there dear! though I am disheartened to hear the word "gum" is being mentioned..

stef said...

Oh, thank goodness for the parentals! and Oi about the getting out of bed thing. That is seriously the bane of my existence right now.

Laura said...

wow, sounds like it's pretty hectic there! I hope you're all enjoying your summer nonetheless :)

Bernice said...

Do post now and then so we know you are surviving, I mean having a great time!

Susanne said...

It's funny how quiet and sleep can seem so much more appealing than keeping everyone updated : D

I have to tell you though, I fear only having two arms ; ) At least I have you to look up to : D !!!!

Dad said...

Yup quiet and sleep - all good things that happen when the kids finally are all off to college

(unless they do an unannounced all nighter the night before you are to drive them to Chicago for the start of a semester)

We were very happy to see everyone and I had a great time in the pool - can you believe!