Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pardon Mii

Okay, okay, no more job bitching..I mean talk ;) Things are already starting to pick up, and I'm excited about the future. I think they are going to keep me very busy once the kinks get worked out! Anyway, life goes on as usual. Today we went here. It was much, much bigger than our little local market, and there were lots of other foodstuffs that I wish I had brought enough cash to sample! Lots of spices, homemade spreads like hummus, and lots of artisanal breads and cheeses. Too bad I only brought like $15 in cash :( Well, we did come away with some gorgeous zucchini, cantelope,blueberries, mini portabellas (that J picked out over the really delicious looking brussel sprouts...she definately takes after her mama, we loooove our mushrooms!), and some other fruits. We also got a small tub of baba ganoush (a middle eastern eggplant spread), which is fantastic!

In other news, we got a Wii! Yay for Craigslist (I so love that site). Hubs managed to trade some PS3 games + $60 to someone in return for a Wii with two controllers and a bunch of games. The kids had a blast with Wii Ski last night. J&C played for almost 2 straight hours! I like the table tennis and running from the Olympics game. I look forward to spending a shit ton more money on this thing, as I am already coveting Wii Fit, Wii Gold's Gym, Wii Cheer, and Wii Disney DDR (none of which I will be buying for some time, mind you. I do have to try and maintain some kind of sanity in the face of Wi imadness!)

Kid Stuff:

Had to share some cute tidmits from the mind of J. Her vocabulary improves immensely day after day, but her grammatical errors are cause for much amusment on my part. Example:

J: Stop doing that, Mama! Stop doing that or I am annoying you!

What she meant to say was that my humming was annoying her, but I thought he comment was probably accurate even if it wasn't what she intended to say!

Things:

- Etsy - a dear friend clued me into this website. It's Ebay as it was truly meant to be!
- Joy of Baking - For some unknown reason I have had the baking itch since we arrived in St Pete. Not sure what is causing it since I am so not a baker, but I have been making cookies left and right for the last few weeks. Today we are making magic bars, yum!
- Memphis-style ribs - I don't have a link for this one, since I memorized the recipe out of my dad's copy of the Barbecue Bible, but I will post my version after Easter (since we are making it for our Easter dinner!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what are magic bars? They have a great name, at the very least.

Susanne said...

I have a lot of friends who have Etsy sites...some of them do really well!!!

For others it's a nice outlet to feel like they have something outside of their kids....even if they only make a few bucks here and there.

Glad you hear they are going to start cracking the whip on you ; ) God forbid you get my hard earned tax money just to hang out in sunny FL with all of that fresh market food!!! ; ) LOL.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Look at you going all Wii nuts!! Another victim. :-)

Thank goodness Ebay evolved if Etsy is how Ebay was supposed to be. Homemade stuff?? Yech, Give me name brand stuff saved for 30 years! And baseball cards! And lunchboxes!!!

Laura said...

Yay Etsy! Glad you like it :)

Bernice said...

Isn't it great to find markets like that? Fresh, organic. Wow.

Mom said...

Never heard of Etsy before. Will have to research sometime. Hope you had a great Easter.

stef said...

My friend Jason sells his bags on Etsy. It is a great site! Do you know I have been wanting ribs lately? weird...

Dad said...

Look at you guys havin' a life. You should have bailed from ABQ a lot sooner :)