Monday, March 17, 2008

They're Rising Up Against Us

It seems that everyone I know with a toddler is suffering the same fate as of late. All of our children refuse to sleep. Now some people may chalk this up to normal toddler behavior, but I believe there is something far more sinister going on here...

Sorry I have not been posting much of late. I feel guilty about it and then I remember that I started this blog for fun and feel guilty for feeling guilty about it. What can I say, I am a woman ;)

I took A back to the doctor yesterday. He still has the same cold despite two round of antibiotics in the last two months. Now he's on an even stronger antibiotic, and I don't know what they're going to say if this doesn't work (Dr ruled out asthma and didn't seem to think it was allergies even though that's exactly what Hubs and I think it is). Of course, then he woke up this morning with this humongous swollen eye. I freaked out, but he seemed to otherwise be completely normal, so I figured it wasn't emergency room worthy and just took him back to the Dr. Turns out he has conjuctivitis (basically pink eye) on top of the cold. So I had to call in to work for the third time (on top of the four separate Drs appts he's had) since I started at my new job in January. I have to say, I am really appreciating this little joke God is playing on me since I am both really busy at work and painfully aware that this many absences is probably frowned upon.

4 comments:

stef said...

Oh poor little Alex! I hope he get's better soon for both of your sakes! On the plus side- you got to spend a whole day with him, which must have been nice.

alexis said...

I would say you're doing something right if blogging gets sacrificed before say, child care. :)

Susanne said...

It is funny how guilt seems to pour all over everything when anything....anything at all goes a little off. LOL

Despite having what I think is a stress fracture in my hip ("nerve issues we ruled out) :( I woke up and felt totally guilty that I didn't bother putting the dishes in the dish washer last night....

SO sorry for Alex. And for you!!!

We went to the Dr today, also and Chris has yet another cold... amongst other things. I swear every two weeks something goes wrong with this child LOL.

Anyway, enjoy your time off as much as possible. It's not like you're just taking time off to sun bath :) ...deep down, employers know this.

Laura said...

I'm sorry things are rough right now :( Can't say I relate, but I feel for you. How about a weekend away in beautiful sunny Colorado Springs? Ha ha... well, maybe next month!