Monday, March 03, 2008

Stylz

Taking a page from my big sista's book, I have been trying to update my style (tho I am still a promoter of sweats around the house as my parents can attest to). I went shopping this weekend and dropped a lot more money than I should have (thanks to spending just shy of $1000 to fix my car), but I was able to get some good, solid basic pieces that are stylish yet conservative (I still work on an AFB after all). I will post some pics when I get a chance, but I got two dresses, a pencil skirt, a good pair of black pants, a pair of jeans that fit perfectly, two shirts, and the most comfortable pair of heels I have ever found (so I had to buy them, ya know!). I may not be at Stef's level yet, but I am dedicated to getting there!

8 comments:

Susanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanne said...

It's the absolute BEST thing about being a civilian. You get to wake up and get pretty and feel cute and pretty all day long!!! (Even if your feet are killing you by the end of the day heeheehee)

Ok, maybe not. Getting over time checks are the BEST BEST thing..... :)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Incredibly, there isn't a website called www.comfortableheels.com. I was going to suggest that women ban together and when they find a pair of comfortable heels, that they post it on the site.

Anonymous said...

I've been inspired by your sister is well. Her influence stretches far...

Anonymous said...

If only Mom and I could see something other than the sweats...oh yes we do...the mega bathrobe :(

Laura said...

I keep thinking I need to go out and get some good work clothes... I don't even think I have anything to wear to a job interview. I guess there's something nice about wearing the same thing to work every day and never having to think about it and I'm now realizing that I don't have much to wear besides jeans. I look forward to the chance to be a normal person though and wear stylish clothes!

alexis said...

Way to go Lisa, you will feel a difference when you "dress the part" so to speak.

I am a little incredulous you were able to find so many good pieces in Albuquerque though.

stef said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the pics.