Friday, July 28, 2006

It's Like A Heat Wave Yeah! Yeah!

It is so freaking hot, I can't even find the words the describe it. Oh sure, I know what you all are thinking, I like in gorgeous, sunny Southern California and I should just shut up and be happy about it. Well, I'll have you know that we are going through serious record breaking tempertatures combined with unusual humidity levels. We also don't have air conditioning (nor do I have it in my car) since we live right by the beach, which would lead one to think we might get a freakin breeze every once in a while!!! I just can't take these extreme temps. They make me very cranky. Especially since I have to walk a 1/2 mile to my car from work (since there is no parking for military folks on Los Angeles AIR FORCE BASE - I hope that makes as much sense to you as it does to me) then drive home in a sweltering car with no a/c as sweat pours down body collecting in a lovely pool of disgustingness in my BDU pants. It is quite the unpleasant experience to remove my combat boots when I get home, trust me! Now, I am of the firm belief that sweating is a disgusting, icky and smelly habit reserved only for fat old men and the gym, so it unfortunate that I happen to sweat very easily. Thus I end each day in a foul temper as (after 3-4 cold showers), I lay awake in bed wiping the sweat from my forehead and pray to sleep just so I won't feel hot. How I long for June gloom!!

4 comments:

Susanne said...

:( I really hate being hot.....

Today I was really cold...and I realized how much more I like being cold and bundled up than being hot.......

Ms Critic said...

I'm gonna have to agree with Susanne. It's been soooooooo nice and cool in Seattle the past few days. We've been really lucky. People aren't cranky either, like they were when it was hot. Too bad you can't take the kiddy pool with you to work :-)

alexis said...

at least you can put to rest your "getting all fat-ass" concerns. Probably you are sweating off a couple pounds of water and the heat nixes all appetite. It's like living in a sauna!

Anonymous said...

It is just as freaking hot here and in Denver where I just attended a (outdoor!) wedding. We had the AC off while we were out. Nothing like coming home to a stifling hot house...