Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Craigslist is the New Ebay

Okay, so all of you who know me well know about my Ebay obsession. Since I was sans 'puter for so long, I kind of broke myself of the habit (lack of extra $ helps, too ;) Just in time to take its place, I stumbled onto a site called craigslist.org which connects people through want ads in various cities. Since we live in one of the biggest cities in the US, craigslist for LA rocks!! (Be sure not to accidentally type in craiglist instead of craigslist or you will be in for a surprise :) ) We found a full bed for our guest room/kids room and are looking for a dining room table we can agree on. We're also planning to sell our old couch and bed rather then having to hold a garage sale. Ebay is still the best for things like clothes, DVDs, etc., but craigslist is better for furniture and it also has ads for anything from Chinese lessons ($20/hr!!) to Russian Blue kittens to "special" massages. The best part is that you can't get out-bid at the last second like I always do on Ebay!! :(

5 comments:

alexis said...

I love Craigslist, but alas it blows outside of the US. It's actually how I found one of my apartments last year.

Susanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susanne said...

I bought the cuttest bassinet for the baby on craigslist....(for way cheap!)

The lady who owned it had a brand new baby who refused to sleep in it.

Ms Critic said...

I found my awesome apartment too by using craigslist Seattle! I heart Craigslist.

Laura said...

Damn, no Craiglist in Germany (that I know of)... I guess I'll just have to wait until we get to Colorado...