Monday, April 18, 2005

Past the Halfway Point

Well, I am clearly past the preggo halfway point now. My belly pooches out in an almost obviously pregnant way; however, since we live in Japan, I am convinced all the Japanese people think I am just another fat dependent with skinny legs. Therefore, I do my best to prove them wrong by eating every cream puff I can get my greedy little hands on (so far it's the only really strong craving I've had). Other than that, this pregnancy is going remarkably well. I have the usual back aches and crampiness and, of course, tons of heart burn. The fatigue is probably the hardest thing to deal with, but I have a feeling that is mostly caused by my very odd work/sleep schedule more than the pregnancy itself.

In response to my sister Lexi's q's about Yoga DVDs, I thought I'd share a few of my favs with ya'll. For beginngers I love Ali McGraw's Yoga Mind and Body and MTV's Yoga. I know, I know, anything with MTV in the title sounds like it has to suck, but I really, really love this practice and the instructor is calm and clear without being annoying. Another good one for beginners is Crunch's Candlelight Yoga. For more advanced practitioners I like, Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness, MTV's Power Yoga, and Mantra Girl's Advanced Kundalini Yoga (although this one may be a little too weird for people who aren't into the mind-body connection part of yoga).

Okay, enough with the yoga talk. Thanks for everyone's feedback on the names (mom! ;) Since Tim absolutely detests Edith and Caitlyn already acts like Edith from the Mr. Bear books, I sadly must let go of that one. I also shot down Nicole since that is my middle name and I go by Nikki (not to mention the baby is already stealing my birthday! ;) I also like the names Iliana and Ilora (but Tim hates anything that sounds like Laura -- sorry Laur! -- so that one's probably out of the questions). In fact, at this point, Stephanie is just about the only name we both don't hate. So, what do you think, Stef? Would having a niece with your name be a little too weird? If anyone has some suggestions, we'd be glad to hear them. At this point, the little kicker may have to go by "Thing 1" for the rest of her life (this has got to be the most active baby in the history of the world. I don't think she ever stops kicking!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the insult to my name really necessary? Isn't it enough that you just don't keep in touch with me?

Anonymous said...

the MTV Pilates is a good one too... I guess MTV knows how to make good workout videos or something

p.s. it's time for a new post!

Anonymous said...

congrats on reaching the halfway point. Now you can start counting down the weeks instead of up! I would be honored to have a niece with my name. but of course there is still tons of time to come up with others. i can't believe Yelena is almost 2 months old already. I'll email you more pics this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Dude! Update! You're going to make your baby sister cry. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I haven't checked your blog in a while - too much traveling! I do like Anya Marie Podolny. My Grandmother Fast went by Mary, but I believe her real name was Marie.My Mom's name was Agnes, but it is not one of my favorite names. Anyway, I will think on the name.