Friday, March 11, 2005

My First Post

Well, I've been inspired by my girls, Laura and Susanne, to start blogging. I've had such a tough time keeping in touch with everyone since I moved to Japan. So, I decided to take a hint from my bestest friends, who just happen to live in Germany and Seattle respectively, and start blogging as a way to keep everyone updated on life's little moments.

The first big news is that my older sister gave birth to her first child a few days ago. Little baby Yelena Beverly Shaterian was born on March 6th at 2:59pm after a relatively short 12 hour labor. See adorable picture below :) My mom and sister were both present for the birth. *sigh* Though I love the experience of living in Japan, I am really jealous that I miss out on events like this.

In other baby news, I am expecting my second child, due August 18th, just two days before my birthday! I've got a couple more weeks before my ultrasound, but the doc thinks it may be a boy based on the heartbeat. I'm not getting my hopes up because it seems that the Podolny name is destined to die out based on the number of girls vs boys born in the last 50 some years (that would be 7 to 0). Perhaps this is God's way of telling us that people are sick and tired of trying to pronounce it! Caitlyn, of course, has requested that I make her a baby sister. I've attempted to explain that I don't actually get a say in the sex of the baby, but she seems to think I'm just holding out on her :)

I won't make this first entry too long. Tune in next time for musings on fitness, food, pregnancy, wierd Japanese crap, and the amazing things 6-year olds do when they think you're not looking!

No comments: