Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Promised Pics

I've been working on a more substantial post, but for now here are the promised pics of what we've been up to lately:

We are really enjoying the outdoors and appreciating the clean air and land of our native country. I never realized how much I took the beauty of America for granted, so we're trying to visit as many places as we can. The above was taken at Shenandoah on our way to the Fox Hollow trail, which was an easy and fun trek with little ones. 

N enjoying his new seat at the big table while out to breakfast at our favorite local diner in Alexandria. 


Crabs!! I've had them twice in the last 2 weeks. Once as a special birthday dinner and once again when my parents came to visit. I grew up in Maryland, so crabs hold a special place in my culinary heart. :)

 On our way to the Holocaust Museum. I first went when the museum opened just before we moved from Maryland to New Mexico when I was just a little older than C is now. I still remember all these years later how powerful that visit was, and I wanted to share that with my daughter. It was just as profound as I remembered. If you have not been, I would highly recommend a visit. We chose not to take the younger ones, as I think you have to have a broader understanding of the world to truly appreciate the significance of what you are seeing.

 Crabs part deux!

 As I mentioned in my last post, I really enjoyed seeing my dad bond with A on this visit. 

Gingers unite! ;)

2 comments:

alexis said...

I love all the pictures, but especially the last one. :) I keep trying to see red in Sausage but I fear it's not in the cards for us.

Michael Podolny said...

How did you get J to smile in that picture. That's a rare one :)