Saturday, August 23, 2014

PuLand Update

Oh things could not be going any better.  My wonderful, fabulous, best in class parents are here visiting us.  Do you know how much I sit around the house chasing after all my brood while trying to learn Mandarin, thinning about my move to Hong Kong, worrying about my Reserve career, dealing with the various issues of being a Mom, Wife, and Career person and think, "if only my parents were here, the blaze of their love for me, would wash away all those worries and I'd go right back to those golden days when I was in Middle School."

Except the days in Middle School weren't golden...at all.

Oh well, I'm sure that the blaze of their love would do something good for me.

Like induce my hubs to open up some of his really good wine.  That's a pretty good outcome.  And have my Dad threaten to indoctrinate A by showing him YouTube videos of the New Zealand All Blacks Haka.  Maybe not so good an outcome.  And bringing me bottles of NM Green Chile.  A REALLY good outcome!

They will be here for only a couple of days when and then we'll go back to our mundane, day-to-day lives.

1 comment:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I don't think that middle school was golden for anyone, but especially not for you. However, having your parents around to take care of you (my mom always does the dishes!) is awesome. I'm glad you enjoyed the visit.