Sunday, October 27, 2013

Par-teh

We love Halloween. I totally forgot to take pictures of all the decorations this year, but Husband really went all out. We had a creepy clown room and Jason hiding in the shower (nice little scare for guests who chose to use the facilities!). As usual, I made waaaaay to much food. And too many jello shots. But a good time was had by all. I was on my feet all day starting with a market run in the morning to meet our friends J&J and a new coworker of Husband's and her family. Then we made a mad dash to the store to buy up all the last minute prep items, then I cooked and prepped for about 2-3 hours before taking the kids to the CLO party. Finally, I headed home (the little ones went off to their sleepover and C was already out with her friends), unfortunately a horribly planned/timed construction project by MMDA is backing up traffic on EDSA regularly. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get from the Embassy to my house, a trip of about 5km. Yeah, it sucked. It also meant that I had about 20min instead of over an hour to get ready before guests started arriving. Luckily traffic also meant that most of guests arrived a little late. When all was said and done, I could barely crawl into bed my feet and legs were so sore! It made me realize that this pregnancy really is wearing me down. I'm officially T3 as of tomorrow (such a fake out since there's still 12 weeks left to go!), and I just can't go like that all day long. Especially after our trip to Malaysia (three days of non-stop walking!) last weekend - promise I'll blog about that next. Anyway, it was worth it. The CLO party was really well done, and the kids had the time of their lives! Our party was a smashing success (if I do say so myself), and we love having all our friends over to celebrate our favorite holiday.








4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I especially love Superdog. Will there be pics of the kids in costume?

alexis said...

Had no idea you guys were so into Halloween. But glad you shared photos. Did you have time for a costume for yourself amidst all that that prep?

PS- the traffic in Manila continues to blow my mind. 1,5 hr for 5k! I'd go INSANE.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. This Halloween I will spend driving through the midwest!

F Thomas said...

Awesome pictures! The FSO's must have a very tight community and camaraderie.

Looks like all had a great time!

Hope your family had a blessed Thanksgiving!

Merry Christmas!

If you find out where to buy limes, please let me know.