Monday, April 04, 2011

One Clearance Down, Two to Go

Got word today that my State Dept security clearance was granted on 3/21. Now I am just waiting on medical and the final suitability review. I suppose in light of the federal budget craziness all this waiting might actually be a good thing. After all, they can't hire me if there isn't any money, lol!


Conversation with J

Me: What did you do in school today?

J: Adriana and Emma and me played the cheetah game.

Me: What’s that?

J: *gives the ‘duh, Mom’ look* We pretend to be cheetahs.

Me: And what do cheetahs do?

J: We chase boys...then we catch them.

Me: And then what do you do?

J: *evil grin* We eat them.

Me: Well, I suppose that’s what cheetahs do.

J: Yeah, then they run away again. *evil giggle* But then we catch them and eat them again.

Me: Well, what about the girls?

J: No, girls don’t taste good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the progress is slow, but it's still there! It's encouraging news that clearances are slowly going through.

alexis said...

second RM, that is great news! And I'm glad to hear we get to see you all at the reunion this summer, so another perk (in my humble opinion) of the delay.

Mom said...

Hey that's great! Stef + 3 are here until Friday. Maybe we can all skype sometime?

Dad said...

Great news Lisa.

Tell J that all this talk of predators looking for the old and weak is just nonsense for when we visit :)