Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another Week, Another Volleyball Tournament

Because I enjoy reminding everyone about how busy we are, here’s a recap of my week so far:

Sat – Sun: Volleyball tournament (leave house by 6am to get there by 7am, return home late afternoon, oh and squeeze in other kids’ dance and ice skating classes somewhere in between)

Monday: Work all day, pick up 3 kids at 2 different schools, drive 45min to C volleyball practice, entertain 2 small children for 1 ½ hours while trying to cram in homework*, drive 45min home, feed & put kids to bed, make sure C does homework (a current major problem here at Pu’s Corner), collapse in bed with clothes still on.

Tuesday: repeat (except J has piano, so factor that in, too)

Wed : No volleyball, yay!

Thus: repeat

SO…yeah, we’re busy. Anyway, I prefer to not get political here, but one of the blogs I follow (an FS guy who is also ex-army, so kinda the exact person I aspire to be!) had a really interesting commentary on Indecisive Wars. I won’t say any more than that! :)

It’s been a while since I did our Ins and Outs here at the Corner; let’s see where we stack up now…

Things that are In:
- The colors pink and purple
- Annoying your sisters
- Hitting your brother in the face (see above)
- Puzzles
- Spending money on volleyball paraphernalia
- Hanging at the beach (forecast to be 80 degrees here for the foreseeable future, yay FL!)
- Green smoothies!
- Having Mom do everything

Things that are Out:
- Dairy (we’re testing to see if J is lactose intolerant)
- Gas prices!!! (have I mentioned how much time we spend in the car traveling to and from volleyball events?)
- Diapers
- Pooping in the potty (at least for 1 family member…I won’t say who)
- Homework
- Needles (everyone had to have massive blood drawn for our medical clearances…very traumatic for the under 12 set)
- Having Dad do everything

*In case I haven’t mentioned it to some of you, I’m back in school…again. What can I say, I am a glutton for punishment!

3 comments:

Dad said...

So you don't have time in your busy schedule to call your dear Mother! Shame on you :)

Pooping in pants. Not Tim again :)

alexis said...

Good lord, I really don't know how you do it! I am tired just reading about your day!

Bernice said...

Sounds like you will welcome the day C gets her drivers's license. Or maybe not.