Wednesday, December 16, 2009

When It Rains...

So after Monday's insurance disappointment, I received in the mail yesterday a couple of medical bills from August! Apparently BC/BS just paid out their end. Awesome. To top that off, we made an emergency trip to the doctor for A yesterday only to find out that he has a bad staph infection on his tummy. That has to be the worst thing I've ever seen one of my kids go through (and that includes the staples in the head and the time C got stitches in her mouth). I had to hold him down while the doctor drained the damn thing. A doesn't have too many words, but he was in full command of "no, owwie, and 'op (stop)." And that look. The look of," Mommy, why are you doing this to me?" It sucked.

In other news, da Hubs leaves tomorrow for LA for about 5 days, so it will just be me and the kiddos for a while. Hubs gets back next Tuesday, he's home just over X-mas, and then off to Texas to visit the s-kids for a week. He gets back on the 1st and then a few days later I head out the door for Germany.

Also, I think I forgot to blog about C's first concert. C plays the flute in her school band (she begged me to do it last year, so I spent about $400 on that friggin flute and I'll be damned if she gives it up before she graduates from high school!). C was very nervous and attempted many ploys to avoid having to go through with it. But I have to say that on the day of, she was very excited and proud. The band was about as good as one might expect a group of 4th and 5th graders to be (lol). It was a wee bit painful. The concert only took about 20min, and when it was over I complemented her on how well she played and how difficult some of the songs were C replied, "Yeah, I know. I didn't even know half the notes on the last one, so I just made them up!" Ha!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

OMG Nikki, I'm SO SO sorry to hear about A. I know having to see your babe go through that is literally scaring. (prob more for mom than babe) I truly hope A heals quickly!!

I'm sending all of my love!!!!

(Congrats C!!!!)

Merry Christmas to you and the family if we don't talk before then!! xoxoxox

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Improvising in her first concert. Nice.

That totally sucks about the staph infection...ugh. And it's kind of sad that you and hubs aren't going to be seeing a ton of each other over the holidays.....that makes them a bit less jolly. Oh well, lots of time to make up for it!

Laura said...

Wow, between you and Tim you guys have a lot of travelling going on! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season though and enjoy your time in Germany and I hope A is feeling much better today and on the road to a quick recovery!

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to you all :)

Dad said...

Glad to hear that your life is calming down and getting into a routine...not!

How did Hubs con the LA escape???

When I read about our insurance woes, I am reminded - What friggin healthcare system to all those nut cases belong to who are demonstrating for no changes. Clearly they don't live in the US.

alexis said...

boo on all your bad news. You definitely lead an exciting life at the very least - never a dull moment.