Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Stuffs

So Halloween has come and gone (as evidenced by the pics in my last post), and now we have entered the true Holiday Season. That is, now we get to be inundated with commercials about how we need to spend, spend, spend for all the upcoming holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s, C’s Birthday*). This year the Hubs and I have decided to keep our spending to a minimum. We are hell bent on getting ourselves out of debt, and I can’t think of much that we actually “need” (vs. want J ) We will be buying each child one large gift and stocking stuffers. Wish us luck in actually sticking to that, lol!
In other news, A’s therapy is progressing well. He has approximate sounds that he uses as words, which I am starting to figure out. For example, he says:
Jus – juice
Tada – Potato (as in, Mr. Potato Head or just to refer to potatoes in general)
Doodoo – Scooby Doo
Eeeoo-uu - IDK
In other news, I totally forgot that I have my reserve drill this weekend (1st one at my new base), so if I promised to Skype with you that's obvs not going to be an option. Sowwy!

*This one is considered optional for the population at large, but Amazon likes to remind me that it is coming up and I should buy, buy, buy to prepare!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I don't think we're doing big gifts for Christmas this year either... too many other expenses to take care of!

That's great about A! It's funny that doo-doo is scooby doo :)

Dad said...

Right. No spending. I can do this.

stef said...

The great thing about young children is that it doesn't take much to make them happy.