Saturday, June 20, 2009

Still Here

Quick post to say I've been out of town on business for the last couple of weeks. I was in the Springs for 7 days then to Atlanta for 5. I got back last night a little after my in-laws arrived to spend the weekend. We went out to a great seafood dinner last night at Billy's in Tierra Verde, hit the market this morning for loads of delicious produce (speaking of which, I picked up some beautiful pink-eyed peas but I've never made them before, anyone have any suggestions?) and lots of samples!, and spent the whole afternoon in the pool with the kids. Then Grandpa J took everyone out for ice cream and pizza, and tonight we're going back out for dinner and live music at a venue in Clearwater. Tomorrow we plan to spend Father's Day grilling our asses off and eating strawberry pie, yum!

4 comments:

Dad said...

We missed you so much.

Need more posts.

Quit that job :)

stef said...

Yay! Sounds like you're having a fun time now that you're home at least. Any chance of posting some pics of your pink-eyed peas? I've never heard of them before!

Laura said...

Yeah, can't help you with the peas as I've never heard of the either! Sounds like you're busy, but I hope you had a great father's day!

alexis said...

hourah, good to hear from you again! good luck with the five kid summer!