Monday, September 05, 2005

Typhoon Nabi

Maybe I'm just a little jumpy after watching the devestation Katrina has caused for the last week, but we've got a Category 4 Typhoon headed towards us. It was a Category 5, downgraded to a 3 and now back up to a 4. The weather forecasters expect it swing back out west to sea and go back up to a 5 before it slams into northern Japan. The epicenter is expected to go right over Hokkaido. Goody! It's just barely hitting southern Japan right now and we already have had overcast weather for the last 5 days. Earthquakes, typhoons, Godzilla attacks...we've been through just about everything in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Turns out our president had some words of wisdom for Prime Minister Koizumi just in case Typhoon 14 (as they call it here in Japan) pulls a can of whoop ass on the mainland:
...Bush has instructed Koizumi to wait for five days before he begins any rescue work."Worked for me" said the chipper Bush, briefly pausing from his morning-afternoon exercise regime. "Oh, and then make sure you blame the victims after. That is really important. If you gots some black people there in Japan make sure you say that they are to blame for everything."

3 comments:

Susanne said...

I hate spam messages. I always feel so violated. Grr.

I don't know what Nabi means in Japanese, but it means Butterfly in Korean. Maybe you'll just get a little flutter of the storm?

Don't worry....If it does hit hard, I'm sure Bush will find some extra military people who aren't busy in Iraq, Afganistan, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Germany, or the Gulf Coast to help you out....oh wait....that's you! Oh S%#@!!!!!! You're F*#@ed!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahah! I snorted out loud at work reading your post! Make sure you take a picture if the typhoon stirs up any Godzillas. Seriously though, I hope you all are spared anything too bad from the storm. Keep us posted so we know you're okay!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha. so funny and tragic at the same time.
Of course I had no idea that there are any other storms anywhere else in the world.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys....